Beulah Baptist church is a local, independent, New Testament church, interested in helping individuals and families come to know the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our purpose is the glorification of God through the proclamation to all the world of the gospel of Jesus Christ as the only way of salvation.
Beulah Primitive Baptist Church was established October 3, 1874, under a pine tree at “the sink of the creek.” That tree was struck by lightning and died in 2001. The “sink of the creek” is where Lost Creek and Mill Creek run together and into a sink hole off Harvey Mill Road.
The first sermon preached at Beulah’s founding was on Psalm 133:1, “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” Elder J.B. Battles was the first pastor. In the early days, the preacher was not paid a salary. He was given a portion of the offering, and sometimes he was paid in eggs or chickens or whatever the people had to give.
In 1928, a huge storm damaged the building. After that, the church moved to a wooden building on Bream Fountain Road. After about 10 years, the church needed to move due to lack of parking space. At the time the property on Lower Bridge Road was for sale, the church needed $1,000. There was about $40 in treasury. The church member agreed there would be no soliciting for money. People offered money, materials, and labor of their own free will. Some of the wood from the old church was used in the ceiling of the new building. The blocks for the new building simply appeared on the land one day, given by an anonymous donor.
Brother Emmett Whaley was the pastor of Beulah from July 11, 1951 to June 30, 1971. Brother Emmett and his wife Miss Celia gave pine trees from their land to build the pews which were used until 2012. A few years after the turn of the century, Beulah became an independent Baptist church.